Welcome to Wallis!
The Walliser Sonne Hotel is located at 1,350 meters above sea level on the edge of the authentic Swiss mountain village of Gluringen in the Canton of Valais, near the passes Nufenen, Grimsel, Furka and Gothard.
Throughout the year you can enjoy with us the peace, space and the many possibilities that this part of Switzerland has to offer. Also when you are passing through to Italy, it is an excellent stopover.
- 100 kilometers of cross country ski trails
- many (winter) hiking trails directly from the hotel
- Fiesch with the World Heritage Aletsch is 11 kilometers away. This is the closest ski area with 99 kilometers of pistes
Walliser Sonne Hotel
We would love to host you to the Walliser Sonne Hotel!
From the uniquely situated hotel you have a beautiful view over the wide, sunny valley of the young Rhône and the majestic peaks of the Galenstock and the Weisshorn.
All 27 rooms have their own toilet and shower, TV, clock radio, free WiFi and free parking at the hotel.
Overnight stay with breakfast buffet from CHF 50.00 p.p.p.n.Availability
Walliser Sonne Hotel offers a wide choice of 27 rooms:
- 5 single rooms
- 10 double rooms with balcony
- 4 double rooms without a balcony
- 1 triple room with balcony
- 2 triple rooms without a balcony
- 2 family rooms with balcony
- 1 family room without a balcony
From all rooms you have a beautiful panoramic view over the Gommer landscape.Rooms
Around the hotel
Sun, snowy Alpine peaks and breathtaking views. Just a few words that describe the idyllic landscape of the Wallis region. No wonder that Gus-born Cäsar Ritz grew into 'king of hoteliers'. Cäsar's passion for hospitality can still be felt here.
In addition, the region offers a variety of activities both in summer and in winter. Come and discover for yourself while staying at the Walliser Sonne Hotel!Area